Adding to Documentation

От Lev Lazinskiy
Тема Adding to Documentation
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Team!

My name is Lev. I am a long time PostgreSQL user but just switched to
pgadminIII when I switched to Ubuntu full time from OS X. My background
is in testing, general GNU/Linux sys admin, databases, and python. I know some C and C++ and would
love to contribute more to this project.

I was having some issues getting SSH tunneling to work and the solution
was simply that I was not entering my passphrase for my encrypted key.
I searched the web for this issue and there seems to be a bit of
confusion around this with no great solution. Most users give up and
revert to setting up an SSH tunnel locally and connecting to that.

I wanted to add this to the application documentation under
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.22/connect-error.html, but I did not see
any specific instructions or best practices on how to do that. Do I just
hack away at the docs/connect-error.rst file and send a patch here?

Lastly, I am using pgAdmin III 1.20.0 Beta 2, but this documentation
would really apply for any version that supports SSH tunneling.
Is there a standard practice for "backporting" docs or do we just keep
moving along.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best,
Lev