Re: enum bug

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: enum bug
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 10:20:05PM -0400, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> The point is, they are an archaic data type and it's a hell of a lot easier
> to use Foreign Keys to insure integrity.

So don't use them?  Nobody, surely, is forcing you to use enums.

I recall when enums were added.  I recall thinking at the time that
they were a bad idea and that you should do such things properly with
CHECK constraints and so on.  But people wanted them because lots of
(IMO poor) designs rely on them.  That seems like a good reason to me
to keep them around, and not to use them :)

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca