Re: BUG #13970: Vacuum hangs on particular table; cannot be terminated - requires `kill -QUIT pid`

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #13970: Vacuum hangs on particular table; cannot be terminated - requires `kill -QUIT pid`
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Brian Ghidinelli wrote:
> Any chance that a DDL modification like adding a column would effect an update of those values across the table?

If a column is added without a default value, then the existing tuples
are not touched.  If a default value is added, then the complete table
is rewritten.  I suppose that the rewritten table would not include old
Multixact values in XMAX, but I haven't checked.

I wonder if it's possible for a column to be added in an operation that
does not rewrite the table yet the relminmxid is advanced past the
oldest multixact present.

I assume, given the lack of traffic in this thread, that you have solved
your problem already?