Re: Sanity checking for ./configure options?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Sanity checking for ./configure options?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 04:55:23PM +0530, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 4:01 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> > I'm thinking that both the GUC check and the configure one should
> > restrict it to [1024..65535].
>
> Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.  If somebody has a reason they
> want to do that, they shouldn't have to hack the source code and
> recompile to make it work.

I'm not sure I understand a use case here.

On *n*x, we already disallow running as root pretty aggressively,
using the "have to hack the source code and recompile" level of effort
you aptly described.  This is just cleanup work on that project, as I
see it.

What am I missing?

Cheers,
David.