Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Cosmetic improvements in new config_info code.

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Cosmetic improvements in new config_info code.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe, all,

* Joe Conway (mail@joeconway.com) wrote:
> On 02/21/2016 08:38 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Coverity griped about use of unchecked strcpy() into a local variable.
> > There's unlikely to be any actual bug there, since no caller would be
> > passing a path longer than MAXPGPATH, but nonetheless use of strlcpy()
> > seems preferable.
>
> FWIW, strcpy() was being used in src/bin/pg_config/pg_config.c that I
> started with -- does that mean we are not getting Coverity coverage of
> src/bin?

Coverity does run against src/bin also.  It's possible this was
identified as an issue in pg_config.c, but, as Tom notes, it may not be
an actual bug and might have been marked as a non-bug in Coverity.

Thanks!

Stephen