Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I see no one else commented on this.  We have trouble keeping the global
> system catalogs consistent when databases in the same cluster use
> different encodings.  I am not sure how we could improve this.

Long time ago I proposed an idea to solve this kind of problems:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20131112.155752.666523035722474275.t-ishii@sraoss.co.jp

The implementation details are not necessarily the best but still I
believe what we need is "round trip encoding conversion safe"
universal encoding for internal use.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii