planstats.sgml

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема planstats.sgml
Дата
Re: planstats.sgml  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
While reading planstats.sgml, I encounted a sentence which I don't
understand.
   These numbers are current as of the last <command>VACUUM</> or   <command>ANALYZE</> on the table.  The planner then
fetchesthe   actual current number of pages in the table (this is a cheap operation,   not requiring a table scan).  If
thatis different from   <structfield>relpages</structfield> then   <structfield>reltuples</structfield> is scaled
accordinglyto   arrive at a current number-of-rows estimate.  In this case the value of
<structfield>relpages</structfield>is up-to-date so the rows estimate is   the same as
<structfield>reltuples</structfield>.

I don't understand the last sentence (In this case...). For me it
seems it is talking about the case when replages is not different from
what the planner fetches from the table. If so, why "In this case"?
Isn't "In this case" referrers to the previous sentence (If that is
different from...)? Maybe "In this case" should be "Otherwise" or some
such?

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii