Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 10:02:17PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Still, it seems clear that the bulk of the shutdown time is indeed the
> stats collector taking its time about shutting down, which is doubly
> weird because the ecpg tests shouldn't have created very many tables,
> so why would there be a lot of data to write?  Even granting that it's
> not writing to ramdisk, 57 seconds to shut down seems pretty excessive.
>
> I wonder if it's worth sticking some instrumentation into stats
> collector shutdown?

I wouldn't be surprised if the collector got backlogged during the main phase
of testing and took awhile to chew through its message queue before even
starting the write of the final stats.

Сообщение: Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures
Сообщение: Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures