Re: [ADMIN] 9.5 new setting "cluster name" and logging

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [ADMIN] 9.5 new setting "cluster name" and logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas,

* Thomas Munro (thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:30 AM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've argued[1][2] for this when cluster_name was introduced, but back
> >> then I seemed to have been the only one arguing for it. Josh later
> >> jumped that train.
> >>
> >> Given that we now had a number of people wishing for this, can we maybe
> >> reconsider?
> >
> > Seems like a reasonable idea to me. But if we add a log_line_prefix
> > setting, shouldn't we also add it to csvlog output too?
>
> Here's a tiny patch adding support for %C to log_line_prefix (this was
> part of the cluster_name patch that didn't go it).
>
> Given that csvlog's output format is hardcoded in write_csvlog, how is
> it supposed to evolve without upsetting consumers of this data?
> Wouldn't we first need to add a GUC that lets you control the columns
> it outputs?

Not sure if you really want to go there, but I do agree with you and
there's a thread from a few years back about something similar:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20110112142345.GA4933@tamriel.snowman.net

Included in that thread is a patch, which likely requires some dusting
off, to add exactly that ability.

Thanks!

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures
Сообщение: Re: Tracing down buildfarm "postmaster does not shut down" failures