Re: insufficient qualification of some objects in dump files

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: insufficient qualification of some objects in dump files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Some dump objects whose names are not unique on a schema level have
> insufficient details in the dump TOC.  For example, a column default
> might have a TOC entry like this:
>
> 2153; 2604 39696 DEFAULT public a rolename

> I think we should amend the archive tag for these kinds of objects to
> include the table name, so it might look like:
>
> 2153; 2604 39696 DEFAULT public test a rolename
>
> Comments?

If we're changing anything, I wonder if it makes sense to go for adding
the object identity there.  Perhaps that would make the whole thing be a
little more regular, rather than have to count elements depending on
object type.  So in this case it'd be

2153; 2604 39696 DEFAULT public.test.a rolename