Re: BUG #13891: Deparsed arbiter WHERE clauses cannot be parsed by Postgres

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #13891: Deparsed arbiter WHERE clauses cannot be parsed by Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2016-02-04 13:09:43 -0800, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > Seems fairly simple to write a DO statement that does something like
> > v_sql = pg_get_viewdef(viewname);
> > EXECUTE 'DROP VIEW '||viewname::regclass;
> > EXECUTE v_sql;
> > in a query over pg_views.
>
> Sorry, I still don't get it. How does that help with ON CONFLICT
> arbiter WHERE clause deparsing?

The bug this thread is about was actually visible in regression test
output, as the wrong output of pg_rules output. As were a number of
previous bugs. So it seems time to actually make sure that the output of
the rules we generate to test deparsing actually do something remotely
sane, by executing the deparsed sql. Obviously human inspection is not
sufficient.  You can do so by executing deparsed output of a rule or a
view (both should be doable afacis).