Re: advance notice - PL/Java 1.5.0 is in beta

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: advance notice - PL/Java 1.5.0 is in beta
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Chapman Flack 2016-02-04 <56B2B5B8.6090800@anastigmatix.net>
> As of Sunday, there is a beta for PL/Java 1.5.0, which will be
> the first formal numbered release since 1.4.3 back in 2011.

Hi Chapman,

this is good news, to be honest I had given up on keeping to poke the
list about new releases, and when pl/java wasn't compatible with the
second PostgreSQL major release in a row, I even got the package
removed from Debian.

> Will it be possible to set up deb packaging for it when the final
> release is ready?  What would you need from me?

Reading the release notes, a lot of weirdness got removed from the
build/runtime system, so it should be feasible to get the package back
up with modest effort. I'll give that a try later this week.

Are there any gotchas about the OpenJDK version used? E.g. if I'm
building the package with version 7, will it work at runtime with
version 8? (Or the other way round?)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/