Re: proposal: add 'waiting for replication' to pg_stat_activity.state

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: proposal: add 'waiting for replication' to pg_stat_activity.state
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro wrote:

> Thinking of other patches in flight, I think I'd want the proposed
> N-sync standbys feature to be able to explain in more detail what it's
> waiting for (and likewise my causal reads proposal which does that via
> the process title), though I realise that the details of how/where to
> do that are changing in the "replace pg_stat_activity.waiting" thread
> which this patch is waiting on.

Right, interesting thought.  I think that for the time being we should
close this one as returned with feedback, since there's no point in
keeping it open in commitfest.  I encourage the author (and everyone
else) to look at the other patch and help there, which is going to
ultimately achieve the outcome desired with this patch.