Re: BUG #13898: ecpg complains on nested comments in /usr/pgsql-9.4/include/informix/esql/datetime.h

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: BUG #13898: ecpg complains on nested comments in /usr/pgsql-9.4/include/informix/esql/datetime.h
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 10:56:44AM +0100, Tom Lane wrote:
> It seems a bit fishy that the comment in question starts on an #if line
> and ends on an ordinary line.  I am not sure what the C standard says
> about such cases, but I can certainly imagine that some tools might not
> be very happy with that.

It turns out ecpg is one of these tools. Lines starting with #<whatever> are
considered CPP code and not parsed for C language comments. In the C code it
then finds only the end of the comment and throws the error.

It does surprise me, though, that the error only pops up now. I was pretty sure
at least one of these headers was used in the regression suit.

Will fix.

Thanks.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org

Сообщение: Re: BUG #13898: ecpg complains on nested comments in /usr/pgsql-9.4/include/informix/esql/datetime.h
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13898: ecpg complains on nested comments in /usr/pgsql-9.4/include/informix/esql/datetime.h