Confusion about JDBC + TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE

От Bill Moran
Тема Confusion about JDBC + TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE
Дата
Re: Confusion about JDBC + TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE  (Philippe Marschall <pm@netcetera.ch>)
Re: Confusion about JDBC + TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE  (Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
I have a table that has a TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE column.

When I try to insert via JDBC, the time is always adjusted for the
JVM's time zone. This behavior seems wrong to me. For example:

// Java code:
preparedStatement.setTime(1, Time.valueOf("00:00:10"));

Then, watching the PostgreSQL logs, I see that the value supplied
for parameter #1 is '05:00:10'.

Since my TZ is US Eastern, it appears as if JDBC is adjusting for
the timezone. I don't understand why it would do so, as the whole
point is that TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE doesn't care, record, or
do anything else with or about the TZ.

To me, this feels like a bug. I'm certainly open to someone explaining
to me why this is the correct behavior, so I can stop understanding
it wrong (should that be the case) but that would have to include an
understanding of how to get the desired behavior. That behavior is
that the time passed in is stored without caring about its time zone.

--
Bill Moran