Re: Releasing in September

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Releasing in September
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 04:48:16PM +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2016-01-20 10:40:14 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > We have gotten off of that cycle in the last two major releases, and
> > this isn't going to improve as long as we have commitfests starting
> > after January.
>
> I think this has very little to do with commitfest schedules, and much
> more with the "early" forking of the new version branch. For both 9.4
> and 9.5 we essentially spent a couple months twiddling our thumbs.

Well, when the commitfest extends to May, you are not going to fork the
next release, and since we haven't forked by PGCon in Ottawa, we try to
get in five commitfest, instead of four, and we then get the schedule we
have now.

http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +