Re: Streaming Replication and Hash Indices

От: Bruce Momjian
Тема: Re: Streaming Replication and Hash Indices
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-docs

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 01:15:28PM +0100, Seb Mel wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> today i got bitten by the issue that streaming replication does not replicate "hash" indices as those changes are not
writtento WAL. That fact is documented here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/indexes-types.html
>
> But i could not find that information anywhere else like:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication#Restrictions
> or
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/warm-standby.html
>
> I suppose it would be very helpful to add it there, as the usual policy for "corrupt slave data" is to recreate the
slavefrom a base_backup which would make you into thinking that the issue was fixed.
> That is wrong though, as it will reappear after some time when the data in the table and the index diverge :)!

We issue a warning on hash index creation in 9.5:

        Issue a warning during the creation of <link
        linkend="indexes-types">hash</> indexes because they are not
        crash-safe (Bruce Momjian)

--
  Bruce Momjian  <>        http://momjian.us

+ Roman grave inscription                             +

В списке pgsql-docs по дате сообщения:

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Streaming Replication and Hash Indices
От: Philippe BEAUDOIN
Сообщение: Re: pg_extension_config_dump() function and sequences