Re: [BUGS] Prepared Statement Name Truncation

От David Johnston
Тема Re: [BUGS] Prepared Statement Name Truncation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Nov 18, 2012, at 2:24, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
>>> If it's a postgres bug, what is the fix? Make the identifier max size
>>> longer?
>
>> I'd also be in favor of this, in addition to upgrading from a NOTICE.
>
> On the whole I'm not too excited about changing this.

Then I'd agree with the OP and think the notice should go away on usage in DML; though it should be kept for DDL.

Can the system be made smart enough to not allow intra-schema collisions in addition to same schema ones?  That would
seemto be the area of greatest concern - particularly around the usage of truncate/delete/drop.

Thought: would there be some way to flag a table like this to always require the use of a schema prefix to be accessed
(sinceright now truncated names only have to be schema unique) in certain conditions (drop, delete, truncate)?

David J.