Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex
Дата
Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex  (Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-12-30 11:37:19 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
>
> > Here is a funny thing - benchmark results I shared 22.12.2015 are wrong
> > because I forgot to run `make clean` after changing lwlock.h (autotools
> > doesn't rebuild project properly after changing .h files).
>
> Running configure with --enable-depend should avoid this problem.

I still maintain that --enable-depend should be on by default. We're
absurdly optimizing towards saving a handful of cycles in scenarios
which are usually bottlenecked by other things (build boxes spend more
times on tests and such), rather than optimizing for developer time. I
don't know how many people failed setting --enable-depend by now, but it
definitely goes into several hundres of wasted ours territory.

Сообщение: Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex
Сообщение: Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex