Re: BUG #9923: "reassign owned" does not change permissions grantor

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #9923: "reassign owned" does not change permissions grantor
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Jan  9, 2015 at 01:19:48PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I can confirm this bug report from April, and your analysis of the fixes
> > --- we were missing calls to aclnewowner() for types, foreign servers,
> > and foreign data wrappers, for both REASSIGN and ALTER OWNER TO.
> >
> > With the attached SQL script you can see the ACL fields properly
> > changing to match the object owner (attached).  Without the patch, only
> > the table's ACL changes.
> >
> > The patch also changes the regression output --- I think that is because
> > the object ownership changes remove certain duplicates from the ACL
> > list.
>
> Patch applied.  Thank you for the excellent bug report.

I just realized that you didn't backpatch this bug fix, and therefore my
fix for bug #13666 fails to cherry-pick sanely on 9.4 and earlier.

I think this should be back-patched.

This is the changelog entry:

Author: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
Branch: master Release: REL9_5_BR [59367fdf9] 2015-01-22 12:36:55 -0500

    adjust ACL owners for REASSIGN and ALTER OWNER TO

    When REASSIGN and ALTER OWNER TO are used, both the object owner and ACL
    list should be changed from the old owner to the new owner. This patch
    fixes types, foreign data wrappers, and foreign servers to change their
    ACL list properly;  they already changed owners properly.

    BACKWARD INCOMPATIBILITY?

    Report by Alexey Bashtanov