Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Haribabu Kommi wrote:

> Reverting the context release patch is already provided in the first
> mail of this
> thread [1]. Forgot to mention about the same in further mails.
>
> Here I attached the same patch. This patch needs to be applied first before
> pg_hba_lookup patch. I tested it in windows version also.

So if you change the file and reload repeatedly, we leak all the memory
allocated for HBA lines in TopMemoryContext?  This doesn't sound great.
Perhaps we need a dedicated context which can be reset at will so that
it can be refilled with the right info when we reload the file.