Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c

От David Fetter
Тема Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 01:51:57PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Catalin Iacob <iacobcatalin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> For the most part, the cleanups in this version are just cosmetic: I
> >> fixed some whitespace damage, and reverted some needless changes to
> >> the psql references page that were whitespace-only adjustments.  In a
> >> few places, I tweaked documentation or comment language.
> >
> > Sorry for the docs whitespace-only changes, I did that.
> >
> > I realized before the submission I made the diff bigger than it needed
> > to be, but that's because I used M-q in Emacs to break the lines I did
> > change and that reformatted the whole paragraph including some
> > unchanged lines. Breaking all the lines by hand would be quite a job,
> > and any time you go back and tweak the wording or so you need to do it
> > again. So I just used M-q and sent the result of that.
> > Do you happen to know of a better way to do this?
>
> No.  I always redo the indentation by hand and then look at the diff
> afterwards to see if there's anything I can strip out.

There's also an excellent git check-whitepace thing Peter Eisentraut
put together:

http://peter.eisentraut.org/blog/2014/11/04/checking-whitespace-with-git/

> I also use vim rather than emacs, except when my hand is steady enough
> for the magnetized needle approach.[1]

I figured you for more the butterfly type.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c
Сообщение: Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c