Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 8:11 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> > - It would be nice to have command_ok and command_fails in PostgresNode
> >   too; that would remove the need for setting $ENV{PGPORT} but it's
> >   possible to run commands outside a node too, so we'd need duplicates,
> >   which would be worse.
>
> I am fine to let it the way your patch does it. There are already many changes.

Idea: we can have a bare command_ok exported by TestLib just as
currently, and instance method PostgresNode->command_ok that first sets
local $ENV{PGPORT} and then calls the other one.

@all_nodes is only used to look for unused port numbers.

> > Finally, I ran perltidy on all the files, which strangely changed stuff
> > that I didn't expect it to change.  I wonder if this is related to the
> > perltidy version.  Do you see further changes if you run perltidy on the
> > patched tree?
>
> SimpleTee.pm shows some diffs, though it doesn't seem that this patch
> should care about that. The rest is showing no diffs. And I have used
> perltidy v20140711.

Yes, the patch doesn't modify SimpleTee -- I just used "find" to indent
perl files.  What I don't understand is why doesn't my perltidy run
match what was in master currently.  It should be a no-op ...