Re: Conversion error of floating point numbers in pl/pgsql

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Conversion error of floating point numbers in pl/pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

At Mon, 16 Nov 2015 09:49:54 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in <32508.1447685394@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> > Hello. I found that 9.5 has an undocumented difference from 9.4
> > in type cast in pl/pgsql and I think it might better be mentioned
> > as a change of behavior in release notes.
>
> > Whether do you think it is worth mentioning or not in release notes?
>
> This seems unnecessarily alarmist to me.  Anybody who's in the habit
> of converting between float4 and float8 will already be used to this
> behavior, because it is what has always happened everywhere else in
> the system.

I guess not a small number of users don't have an enough insight
to antcipate such influence, but I'll agree to ommit this if such
a kind of users are not in target of the release notes.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center