Re: Does PostgreSQL ever create indexes on its own?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Does PostgreSQL ever create indexes on its own?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Doiron, Daniel schrieb am 12.11.2015 um 23:21:
> >I’m troubleshooting a schema and found this:

> >     "pk_patient_diagnoses" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)

> The only index that Postgres "automatically" creates is the unique index supporting a primary key or a unique
constraint.

> But apart from that, Postgres never creates indexes on its own.
>
> So from the list above, only pk_patient_diagnose has (most probably) been created automatically. Everything else was
createdmanually.

As I recall, the naming convention is to append "_pkey", not to prepend
"pk_", so not even that one.  (Of course, you can tell it what name to
use when creating the constraint, which is what was done here.)

Сообщение: Re: Does PostgreSQL ever create indexes on its own?
Сообщение: Re: Does PostgreSQL ever create indexes on its own?