Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, I've caught up again.

> OK, so if we all agree that the joined-tuple optimization is just an
> option for the case where all the component tables use ROW_MARK_COPY,
> I'd propose to leave that for 9.6.

I still think that ExecScan is called under EPQ recheck without
EQP tuple for the *scan*.

The ForeignScan can be generated for a join and underlying
foreign scans and such execution node returns what the core
deesn't expect for any scan node. This is what I think is the
root cause of this problem.

So, as the third way, I propose to resurrect the abandoned
ForeinJoinState seems to be for the unearthed requirements. FDW
returns ForeignJoinPath, not ForeignScanPath then finally it
becomes ForeignJoinState, which is handeled as a join node with
no doubt.

What do you think about this?

regards,

--