Summary of Vienna sharding summit, new TODO item

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Summary of Vienna sharding summit, new TODO item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[BCC to pgsql-cluster-hackers@postgresql.org]

I have summarized the Vienna cluster summit meeting from last week by
adding italicized answers to the agenda questions, even though we didn't
follow the agenda ;-) :

    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PG-EU_2015_Cluster_Summit

I would like to propose the following TODO item:

    *  Enhance foreign data wrappers, parallelism, partitioning,
    and perhaps add a global snapshot/transaction manager to allow
    creation of a proof-of-concept built-in sharding solution

    Ideally these enhancements and new facilities will be available to
    external sharding solutions as well.

Is this acceptable?

+ Roman grave inscription                             +