Re: ??: postgres cpu 100% need help

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: ??: postgres cpu 100% need help
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 11:30:45 +0800
"657985552@qq.com" <657985552@qq.com> wrote:

> Dear sir:
>          Recently a wired question about postgresql database really bothered me a lot, so i really need your help.
Hereis the problem, in the most situations the postgre database work very well,  Average 3500tps/s per day, the cpu
usageof its process is 3%~10% and every query can be responsed in less than 20ms, but sometimes the cpu usages of its
processcan suddenly grow up to 90%+ , at that time a simple query can cost  2000+ms. ps: My postgresql version is 9.3.5
andthe database is oltp  server.

9.3.5 is pretty old, you should probably schedule an upgrade.

>  shared_buffers                                     | 25GB

Try setting this to 16GB. It's been a while since I tested on
large-memory/high-load systems, but I seem to remember that
shared_buffers above 16G could cause these sorts of intermittant
stalls.

If that doesn't improve the situation, you'll probably need to
provide more details, specifically the layout of the table in
question, as well as the queries that are active when the
problem occurs, and the contents of the pg_locks table when
the problem is occurring.

--
Bill Moran

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Anyone in Indianapolis? Meetup on Dec. 3?
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: ??: postgres cpu 100% need help