Re: Having some problems with concurrent COPY commands

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Having some problems with concurrent COPY commands
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2015-10-13 07:14:01 -0700, Shaun Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 2:32 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> > 80% of the CPU time is spent in the b-tree comparison function.
>
> In the logs, my duration per COPY command increases from about 1400ms
> for one process to about 3800ms when I have four running concurrently.
> That's really my only data point, unfortunately. Strace isn't super
> helpful because it just says 70-ish% of the time is wait4, but that's
> not significantly different than the results using one process.

Please run a profile. Compile postgres with CFLAGS='-O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer'
as an argument to configure. That'll allow us to get a hierarchical profile.

Then first do a plain cpu profile:
perf record -g -a sleep 5
perf report > somefile

Then let's look at lock contention:
perf record -g -a -e syscalls:sys_enter_semop sleep 5
perf report > somefile

and send the results.

Thanks,

Andres

Сообщение: Re: Having some problems with concurrent COPY commands
Сообщение: Re: Having some problems with concurrent COPY commands