Re: Parser emits mysterious error message for very long tokens

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Parser emits mysterious error message for very long tokens
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, thank you for the opinion.

At Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:31:30 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in <884.1441978290@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> > Hello, this is a problem on an extreme situation.
> > When parser encounters very long tokens, it returns an error
> > message which should be mysterious for users.
>
> >> $ perl -e "print \"select '\" . \"x\"x(512*1024*1024) . \"'\"" | psql postgres
> >> ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 1073741824
>
> I can't get terribly excited about that, because there is not that
> much daylight between there and where the query fails because the
> entire input string exceeds 1GB.  Moreover, anyone who tries working
> with literals in this size range will soon learn not to ;-).  So
> it seems quite an artificial example to me ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Yes, so 'an extreme situation'. I wanted to know what to think
about this kind of situation.

Thanks for the comment, I'm confident that fixing it and the
similars in clean way should be too-much for the necessity.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: PATCH: index-only scans with partial indexes
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: index-only scans with partial indexes