Re: bdr download

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: bdr download
Дата
Re: bdr download
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 09:58:36AM -0700, Joshua Drake wrote:

> >>As discussed a year ago or so, this list is what to use for BDR reports
> >>and discussions, so this report is in the right place.
> >
> >Huh, why did we decide that when the community doesn't control any of
> >it?  That doesn't make any sense.
> >

> It was decided during initial development because the end result is
> that BDR will be included in core.
>
> At least as far as I recall.

Yeah, I just read the thread.  I guess with the low volume makes sense
to use "general", but I figured if someone went to the work of
developing a website for BDR, they would just as soon create a mailing
list hosted there, but I guess not.

It clearly is being developed by 2nd Quadrant:

    http://bdr-project.org/docs/next/index.html

    BDR is developed by the BDR team at 2ndQuadrant. Multiple customers
    contribute funding and other resources to make BDR development possible.
    2ndQuadrant continues to fund the ongoing development of BDR to meet
    internal needs and those of customers.

It doesn't look like a community project to me --- it looks like an open
source project funded by 2nd Quadrant and its customers, which is fine,
but I don't know why the community is fielding questions about it on its
mailing list.

  + Everyone has their own god. +