Re: Proposal: Implement failover on libpq connect level.

От Victor Wagner *EXTERN*
Тема Re: Proposal: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015.08.19 at 12:29:51 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:

> > It seems that most people discussing in this thread think in millisecond
> > time intervals (failure and immediate reconnect).
>
> Why not have this as a separate parameter (*_timeout or something like
> that)?

Because it is not in the software configuration. It is in the people
heads. Or may be in the organizational configuration of the environments
we are talking about.

Each of us imagining some use-case for discussed feature. And these
cases are completely different, and have different typical time
interval.

I haven't explicitely stated my use cases in the proposal. So people
thinking in terms of their use cases, and this is very significant
feedback for me.

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Implement failover on libpq connect level.