Re: more RLS oversights

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: more RLS oversights
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway wrote:
> On 07/29/2015 02:41 AM, Dean Rasheed wrote:
> > I don't think there is any point in adding the new function
> > transformPolicyClause(), which is identical to transformWhereClause().
> > You can just use transformWhereClause() with EXPR_KIND_POLICY. It's
> > already used for lots of other expression kinds.
>
> Ok -- I went back to using transformWhereClause. I'd still prefer to
> change the name -- more than half the uses of the function are for other
> than EXPR_KIND_WHERE -- but I don't feel that strongly about it.

Currently the comment about it says "for WHERE and allied", maybe this
should be a bit more explicit.  I think it was originally for things
like WHERE and HAVING, and usage slowly extended beyond that.  Does it
make sense to consider the USING clause in CREATE/ALTER POLICY as an
"allied" clause of WHERE?  I don't particularly think so.  I'm just
talking about a small rewording of the comment.

> > I think that check_agglevels_and_constraints() and
> > transformWindowFuncCall() could be made to emit more targeted error
> > messages for EXPR_KIND_POLICY, for example "aggregate functions are
> > not allowed in policy USING and WITH CHECK expressions".
>
> done

> +         case EXPR_KIND_POLICY:
> +             if (isAgg)
> +                 err = _("aggregate functions are not allowed in POLICY USING and WITH CHECK expressions");
> +             else
> +                 err = _("grouping operations are not allowed in POLICY USING and WITH CHECK expressions");

I think this reads a bit funny.  What's a "POLICY USING" clause?  I
expect that translators will treat the two words POLICY USING as a
single token, and the result is not going to make any sense.

Maybe "in a policy's USING and WITH CHECK expressions", or perhaps "in
policies's USING and WITH CHECK exprs", not sure.