Re: Restore-reliability mode

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Restore-reliability mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 04:53:49PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> > >
> > > Did a patch for this ever materialize?
> >
> > I think the first part would be something like the attached.
>
> Neat.  Does it produce any new complaints during "make installcheck"?

I only tried a few tests, for lack of time, and it didn't produce any.
(To verify that the whole thing was working properly, I reduced the
range of memory made available during PinBuffer and that resulted in a
crash immediately).  I am not really familiar with valgrind TBH and just
copied a recipe to run postmaster under it, so if someone with more
valgrind-fu could verify this, it would be great.

This part:

can be done without any valgrind, I think.  Any takers?