Re: pg_dump quietly ignore missing tables - is it bug?

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: pg_dump quietly ignore missing tables - is it bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry for the bogus on bogus.

At Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:22:59 +0900 (Tokyo Standard Time), Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote in
<20150723.142259.200902861.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>
> Hello,

> I share the same option with Tom that it should behave in same
> way regardless of the appearance of wildcards.
>
> You replied Tom as this
>
> > the behave is same - only one real identifier is allowed
>
> But the description above about this patch apparently says that
> they are differently handled. And
> expand_(schema|table)_name_patterns does the further differently
> thing from both of Tom's suggestion and what mentioned in your
> reply to that. I will mention for this topic again in this mail.
>
> # Might "only one real ident is allowed" mean "at most one
> # match", but not "exactly one match"?
>
> They do like this when strict-names.
>
>   - Not allow no match for non-wildcarded names.
>
>   - Allow no match for any wildcarded name spec and finally
>     allowing *all* of them don't match anyting.
>
> This looks to me quite confusing.

> The new name "processSQLName" looks a bit
> bogus. processSQLNameIntenral would be a name commonly seen in
> such cases.

The ocrrent name is not that but processSQLNamePatternInternal.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Rajeev rastogi
Сообщение: Autonomous Transaction is back