Re: Grouping Sets: Fix unrecognized node type bug

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Grouping Sets: Fix unrecognized node type bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

At Mon, 20 Jul 2015 15:45:21 +0530, Jeevan Chalke <jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com> wrote in
<CAM2+6=X9QWgbjJrR-dcLXh-RvvpGy=9ENhUOGHzrxhcJ2kVDSQ@mail.gmail.com>

> > writes:
> >
> >  Kyotaro> Hello, this looks to be a kind of thinko. The attached patch
> >  Kyotaro> fixes it.
> >
> > No, that's still wrong. Just knowing that there is a List is not enough
> > to tell whether to concat it or append it.

Thank you. I've missed the non-grouping-set cases.

> > Jeevan's original patch tries to get around this by making the RowExpr
> > case wrap another List around its result (which is then removed by the
> > concat), but this is the wrong approach too because it breaks nested
> > RowExprs (which isn't valid syntax in the spec, because the spec allows
> > only column references in GROUP BY, not arbitrary expressions, but which
> > we have no reason not to support).
>
> > Attached is the current version of my fix (with Jeevan's regression
> > tests plus one of mine).
> >

> Looks good to me.

It also looks for me to work as expected and to be in good shape.

The two foreach loops for T_GroupingSet and T_List became to look
very simiar but they don't seem can be merged in reasonable
shape.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi