Re: [BUGS] object_classes array is broken, again

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [BUGS] object_classes array is broken, again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Any opinions on this idea?  I don't like it all that much, but it's
> > plenty effective.
>
> I don't like it much either.
>
> What about adding StaticAsserts that lengthof() the relevant constant
> arrays is equal to MAX_OCLASS?  (Or other similar ways of checking
> that they have the right number of entries.)

Well, the array itself is declared like this:
    static const Oid object_classes[MAX_OCLASS] = {
so testing lengthof() of it is useless because it's a constant and the
assertion always holds.  If it were declared like this instead:
    static const Oid object_classes[] = {
then we could use lengthof().

I don't see any drawwbacks to that.

Вложения