Re: multivariate statistics / patch v7

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: multivariate statistics / patch v7
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, I'd like to show you the modified constitution of
multivariate statistics application logic. Please find the
attached. They apply on your v7 patch.

The code to find mv-applicable clause is moved out of the main
flow of clauselist_selectivity. As I said in the previous mail,
the new function transformRestrictInfoForEstimate (too bad name
but just for PoC:) scans clauselist and generates
RestrictStatsData struct which drives mv-aware selectivity
calculation. This struct isolates MV and non-MV estimation.

The struct RestrictStatData mainly consists of the following
three parts,
 - clause to be estimated by current logic (MV is not applicable) - clause to be estimated by MV-staistics. - list of
childRestrictStatDatas, which are to be run   recursively.

mvclause_selectivty() is the topmost function where mv stats
works. This structure effectively prevents main estimation flow
from being broken by modifying mvstats part. Although I haven't
measured but I'm positive the code is far reduced from yours.

I attached two patches to this message. The first one is to
rebase v7 patch to current(maybe) master and the second applies
the refactoring.

I'm a little anxious about performance but I think this makes the
process to apply mv-stats far clearer. Regtests for mvstats
succeeded asis except for fdep, which is not implememted in this
patch.

What do you think about this?

regards,

<559C76D4.2030805@2ndquadrant.com>