Re: pg_upgrade + Ubuntu

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_upgrade + Ubuntu
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade + Ubuntu  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On 07/10/2015 11:01 AM, Mike Blackwell wrote:
> >Does pg_config show the correct location?  If so, perhaps pg_upgrade
> >could get the .conf location the same way rather than requiring a
> >command line option.
>
> Good idea but:
>
> postgres@ly19:~$ pg_config
> You need to install postgresql-server-dev-X.Y for building a server-side
> extension or libpq-dev for building a client-side application.
>
> Which is worse having to install yet another package or having a command
> line option?

It seems to me that this is a Debian packaging issue, not an upstream
issue, isn't it?  If you want to fix the problem in this way, then
surely whatever package contains pg_upgrade should also contain
pg_config.

Why are you not using pg_upgradecluster anyway?  There's a mode to use
pg_upgrade there.