security labels on databases are bad for dump & restore

От Andres Freund
Тема security labels on databases are bad for dump & restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

pg_dump dumps security labels on databases. Which makes sense. The
problem is that they're dumped including the database name.

Which means that if you dump a database and restore it into a
differently named one you'll either get a failure because the database
does not exist, or worse you'll update the label of the wrong database.

So I think we need CURRENT_DATABASE (or similar) support for security
labels on databases.

I won't have time to do anything about this anytime soon, but I think we
should fix that at some point.  Shall I put this on the todo? Or do we
want to create an 'open items' page that's not major version specific?

Greetings,

Andres Freund