Re: copy.c handling for RLS is insecure

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: copy.c handling for RLS is insecure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah, Andres,

* Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> On 2015-07-09 01:28:28 -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
> > > - Keep the OID check, shouldn't hurt to have it
> >
> > What benefit is left?
>
> A bit of defense in depth. We execute user defined code in COPY
> (e.g. BEFORE triggers). That user defined code could very well replace
> the relation. Now I think right now that'd happen late enough, so the
> second lookup already happened. But a bit more robust defense against
> that sounds good to me.

Attached patch keeps the relation locked, fully qualifies it when
building up the query, and uses list_member_oid() to check that the
relation's OID ends up in the resulting relationOids list (to address
Noah's point that the planner doesn't guarantee the ordering; I doubt
that list will ever be more than a few entries long).

Also removes the misguided Assert().

Barring objections, I'll commit this (and backpatch to 9.5) tomorrow.

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения