Re: Comfortably check BackendPID with psql

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Comfortably check BackendPID with psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-07-07 10:17:39 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I would s/pid/process ID/ in the docs.  "PID" is not a particularly
> user-friendly term, and it's even less so if you fail to upper-case it.

We have both pid and PID in a bunch of places in the docs, and pid in
the ones that seem more likely to be noticed (e.g. system column docs in
catalogs.sgml).  And the targeted audience of PROMPT and especially %p
seems to be likely to know what a pid is.

I don't mind replacing it with process ID though. Done.

Andres