Re: Missing virtual provides on postgresql-9.4 deb

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: Missing virtual provides on postgresql-9.4 deb
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hello all,

Christoph Berg [2015-06-24 11:02 +0200]:
> I'm not saying we can't change this, though there's some reason behind
> the way it currently is. Martin, do you remember if that "Provides:"
> mismatch between server and client was intended, or did we just forget
> that? Should we rather remove it from the client packages as well?

-server not having a "Provides: postgresql" is very much intended, for
the very reason Peter and you pointed out. I believe with the current
structure of the metapackages we should drop the Provides: from the
-client-X.Y packages as well, to avoid this kind of confusion. If you
don't care about which particular client you want, you generally want
the latest one (as it's able to talk to all server versions), and it
should be upgraded automatically.

Thanks,

Martin

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Missing virtual provides on postgresql-9.4 deb
Сообщение: Re: Missing virtual provides on postgresql-9.4 deb