Re: BUG #13472: VACUUM ANALYZE hangs on certain tables

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #13472: VACUUM ANALYZE hangs on certain tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2015-06-26 16:21:19 +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Restarting the DB is going to require all sorts of outage notifications
> and general palaver, so we'd definitely prefer not to that if we can
> possibly avoid it.

Is it feasible to lock the table exclusively for a short time? If so you
can just VACUUM FULL them - given the table sizes that should be fairly
quick.

(The difference between table level exclusive locks and cleanup locks is
that the latter aren't "fair", i.e. a continious stream of pins will
block them, whereas heavyweight locks are queued)

- Andres