Re: CLOG read problem after pg_basebackup

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: CLOG read problem after pg_basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On 2015-01-23 15:31:15 +0100, Petr Novak wrote:
> I'd like to ask for help clarifying an issue I'm having.
>
> I've recently prepared new servers in another datacenter for some of our
> databases which I want to set up as a streaming replicas. There are several
> instances(clusters) with size ranging from 50-150GB. Some of them were set
> up with no issue. Three of them failed to start after pg_basebackup
> completed with:
>
> FATAL:  could not access status of transaction 923709700
> DETAIL:  Could not read from file "pg_clog/0370" at offset 237568: Success.
>
> (the clog file differed in each case of course..)

How exactly are you starting the the standby after the basebackups? Any
chance you removed backup.label? This sounds like the typical symptoms
of doing that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: INSERT a number in a column based on other columns OLD INSERTs
Сообщение: Re: INSERT a number in a column based on other columns OLD INSERTs