Re: [PERFORM] PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site)

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: [PERFORM] PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 07:19:13PM +0000, Sheena, Prabhjot wrote:
> Hi Ken/ Will
>
>   I have checked the ulimit value and we are nowhere hitting the max 4096 that we have currently set. Is there any
otherexplanation why we should be thinking of bumping it to like ulimit -n 50000 ( Add ulimit -n 50000 to the start of
whateveryou use to start pgbouncer (init script, etc..)) even though we are not reaching 4096 max value

> Regards
> Prabhjot Singh

Hi,

Try attaching to the pgbouncer with strace and see if you are getting any particular
errors. Do you have a /etc/security/limits.d directory? And if so, what is in it?
We found a nice default ulimit of 1024 for all non-root users. :(

Regards,
Ken

От: Igor Neyman
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site)
От: "Sheena, Prabhjot"
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site)