Re: PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site)

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 05:09:10PM +0000, Sheena, Prabhjot wrote:
> Guys
>          I have an issue going on with PGBOUNCER which is slowing down the site
>
> PGBOUNCER VERSION:  pgbouncer-1.5.4-2.el6 (Hosted on separate machine) (16 cpu) 98GB RAM
> DATABASE VERION:         postgresql 9.3
>
> When the total client connections to pgbouncer are close to 1000, site application works fine but when  the total
clientconnections crosses 1150 site application starts showing slowness.

> Here is an example of output
>
> postgres@symds-pg:~ $ netstat -atnp | grep 5432  | wc
> (Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
> will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
>     960    6720  104640
>

> As you can see total connections are like 960 right now my site application is working fine. When connections crosses
1150 and even though I see lot of available connections coz my  default_pool_size is set high to 250  but still the
applicationgets slow. Database performance  on the other end is great with no slow running queries or anything. So the
onlyplace I can think the issue is at PGBOUNCER end.

Hi Prabhjot,

This is classic behavior when you have a 1024 file limit. When you are below that
number, it work fine. Above that number, you must wait for a connection to close
and exit before you can connect which will cause a delay. See what ulimit has to
say?

Regards,
Ken

От: "Sheena, Prabhjot"
Сообщение: PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site)
От: Will Platnick
Сообщение: Re: PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site)