Re: pg bouncer issue what does sv_used column means

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: pg bouncer issue what does sv_used column means
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 09:37:36PM +0000, Sheena, Prabhjot wrote:
> Here is some more information
>
> pool_mode                 | transaction
>
> We have transactional pooling and our application is set up in such a way that we have one query per transaction. We
haveset  default pool size to 100.

> This is output . As you guys can see active connection are 100 and 224 are waiting. We are planning to move default
poolsize to 250. Please suggest if you guys think otherwise

> pgbouncer=# show pools;
> database  |   user    | cl_active | cl_waiting | sv_active | sv_idle | sv_used | sv_tested | sv_login | maxwait
> -----------+-----------+-----------+------------+-----------+---------+---------+-----------+----------+---------
> pgbouncer | pgbouncer |         2 |          0 |         0 |       0 |       0 |         0 |        0 |       0
> site      | feature   |       418 |          0 |        20 |      17 |       0 |         0 |        0 |       0
> site      | service   |       621 |        224 |       100 |       0 |       0 |         0 |        0 |       0
> site      | zabbix    |         0 |          0 |         0 |       0 |       0 |         0 |        0 |       0
>
> Prabhjot Singh
> Database Administrator
>
> CLASSMATES
> 1501 4th Ave., Suite 400
> Seattle, WA 98101
> 206.301.4937 o
> 206.301.5701 f

connectionlimit and it is helpful but now we  again notice little spike in connection. And one thing that I notice that
isdifferent is jump in sv_used value when I run command show pools during problem times

> Can anyone please explain what value of sv_used means when i run show pools;
>

> Regards
> Prabhjot

Hi Parbhjot,

The spike in pgbouncer during peak hours just indicates that you are busier then. How
many sv_active do you have in non-peak hours? What kind of system is this on? I suspect
that your hardware cannot actually handle 100 simultaneous processes at once and if you
increase that to 250 processes there is a good likelyhood that your system response
will get even worse. Number of CPU to 2x number of CPU is typical for peak performance
throughput. Are you using a 50-core system? What do the I/O stats look like? You may be
I/O limited.

Regards,
Ken

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pg bouncer issue what does sv_used column means
От: Kaijiang Chen
Сообщение: Do work_mem and shared buffers have 1g or 2g limit on 64 bit linux?