Re: [GENERAL] 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [GENERAL] 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-06-08 14:23:32 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Sure.  I just concern that we might be putting excessive trust on
> emergency workers being launched at a high pace.

I'm not sure what to do about that. I mean, it'd not be hard to simply
ignore naptime upon wraparound, but I'm not sure that'd be well
received.

> (My personal alarm bells go off when I see autovac_naptime=15min or
> more, but apparently not everybody sees things that way.)

Understandably so. I'd be alarmed at much lower values than that
actually.

> > ---
> > Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.
>
> I wonder if these notices are useful at all.

I only know that I'm less annoyed at reading a untrimmed/badly wrapped
email if it's sent from a mobile phone, where it's hard to impossible to
write a well formatted email, than when sent from a full desktop.
That's why I added the notice...

Andres

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1