Re: [HACKERS] 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 9.4.1 -> 9.4.2 problem: could not access status of transaction 1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> > There are at least two other known issues that seem like they should
> > be fixed before we release:
>
> > 1. The problem that we might truncate an SLRU members page away when
> > it's in the buffers, but not drop it from the buffers, leading to a
> > failure when we try to write it later.
>
> > 2. Thomas's bug fix for another longstanding but that occurs when you
> > run his checkpoint-segment-boundary.sh script.
>
> > I think we might want to try to fix one or both of those before
> > cutting a new release.  I'm less sold on the idea of installing
> > WAL-logging in this minor release.  That probably needs to be done,
> > but right now we've got stuff that worked in early 9.3.X release and
> > is now broken, and I'm in favor of fixing that first.
>
> Okay, but if we're not committing today to a release wrap on Monday,
> I don't see it happening till after PGCon.

In that case, I think we should get a release out next week.  The
current situation is rather badly broken and dangerous, and the above
two bugs are nowhere as problematic.  If we can get fixes for these over
the weekend, that would be additional bonus.